Terms & Conditions
Last Updated: 27 May 2021
Welcome to City of Dubbo Turf Club. The website https://www.dubboturfclub.com.au and its associated features and mobile applications ("Site") is owned and operated by City of Dubbo Turf Club Ltd (ABN 72 280 359 201) ("City of Dubbo Turf Club", "we", "our", "us").
1. ACCESS AND USE OF THE SITE
- 1.1 You must only use the Site in accordance with these Terms and any applicable law.
- 1.2 You must not (or attempt to):
(a) interfere with or disrupt the Site or the servers or networks that host the Site;
(b) use data mining, robots, screen scraping or similar data gathering and extraction tools on the Site; or
(c) interfere with security-related or other features of the Site.
- 1.3 To access some features of the Site, such as creating wishlists, you must register an account with us ("Account"). To register for an Account, you must provide us with accurate and current personal information including your name, address, and a valid email address. You must not register more than one Account. You should not create an Account if you are under 13 years old.
- 1.4 To place Orders using an Account you must be at least 18 years old, and have the capacity to enter into a legally binding agreement with us. If you are under 18, you may only place an Order with the involvement of a parent or guardian - we do not sell products for purchase by children.
- 1.5 You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your Account (including Orders placed using your Account), and you must keep your Account password secure. We are not responsible for any unauthorised activity on your Account, including if you fail to keep your Account login information secure. We may refer fraudulent or abusive or illegal activity to the relevant authorities.
- 1.6 You must not use another person’s Account without our, and/or the other person’s express permission. If you suspect or become aware of any unauthorised use of your Account or that your password is no longer secure, please contact Customer Service immediately and take immediate steps to re-secure your Account (including by changing your password).
- 1.7 We do not warrant that the Site will be available at all times and without disruption and we provide no warranties in relation to the content of any other website linked to or from our Site.
- 1.8 You must not link to our Site or any part of our Site in a way that damages or takes advantage of our reputation, including but not limited to:
(a) in a way to suggest or imply that you have any kind of association and affiliation with us, or approval and endorsement from us when there is none; or
(b) in a way that is illegal or unfair.
2. INFORMATION ON THIS SITE
- 2.1 The Site and the content on the Site are subject to copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights. These rights are owned by or licensed to City of Dubbo Turf Club.
- 2.2 You must not reproduce, transmit, communicate, adapt, distribute, sell, modify or publish or otherwise use any of the material on the Site, including audio and video excerpts, except as permitted by statute or with our prior written consent.
- 2.3 Information about goods on the Site is based on material provided by third party merchants, suppliers and/or product manufacturers. Except as required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law) we cannot be held responsible for inaccuracies or errors caused by incorrect information supplied to us or by these third parties.
- 2.4 Due to photographic and screen limitations associated with the representation of products, some actual products (including, in particular, clothing, apparel and shoes) may differ to a small extent in visual appearance (for example in colour) from the way they appear on the Site. In addition, where it is suitable to do so, some depictions of products are created or chosen by us for promotional purposes, and may not be an exact representation of the products received.
3. ORDER AND FORMATION OF CONTRACT
- 3.1 When making an Order, you must follow the instructions on the Site as to how to make your Order and for making changes to your Order before you submit it.
- 3.2 Once you select a product that you wish to Order, irrespective of any previous price you have seen or heard, you will then be shown or told at the checkout the price you must pay including Goods and Services Tax (“GST”) and any other charges, including any charges you are liable to have the products delivered to the address provided by you (“Delivery Fees”). Unless otherwise stated all charges are in Australian dollars.
- 3.3 You must pay for the Order in full at the time of ordering by one of the payment methods we accept on the Site. You must be fully entitled to use the payment method used for purchases. The payment method must have sufficient funds, credit or other payment facilities to cover the purchase. We are not responsible for the decisions of payment providers to allow you to use their service, or provide any warranties or assurances about them. If a particular service is not available to you, you should use another valid payment method.
- 3.4 By making an Order, you expressly authorise us, before accepting your Order, to perform credit and security checks and, where we feel necessary, to transmit or to obtain information (including any updated information) about you to or from third parties from time to time, including but not limited to your credit card number, to validate your credit card, to obtain an initial credit card authorisation, to conduct loss minimisation and anti-fraud measures and to authorise individual purchase transactions.
- 3.5 If you discover that you have made a mistake with your Order after you have submitted it to the Site, please contact Customer Service immediately, although please note we cannot guarantee that we will be able to amend your Order in accordance with your instructions and that fees may be applicable to process a change.
- 3.6 When you place an Order, you will receive from us an Order confirmation by email. This email will only be an acknowledgement and will not constitute acceptance of your Order. A contract between us for the purchase of the goods ("Contract") will not be formed until you receive a shipment confirmation email from us. We are not obliged to supply the product to you until we have accepted your Order. We may at our discretion refuse to accept an Order from you for any reason, including but not limited to:
(a) unavailability of stock (in which case we may ask you to re-submit your Order or offer you an alternative product or size);
(b) we suspect that you might on-sell our products to other consumers;
(c) if we suspect your Order is fraudulent, or suspect credit card or payment-related fraud; or
(d) if there has been an error in the imagery, price or product description on the Site,
(e) if there has been an error by way of the wrongful inclusion of an item in a particular sale or promotion.
- 3.7 Until the time when we accept your Order, we reserve the right to refuse to process your Order and you have the right to cancel your Order. If we or you have cancelled your Order before it has been accepted, we will promptly refund any payment already made by you to your original payment method. We will not change any Terms applying to an existing Order that has already been accepted by us; the Terms that will apply to any such Order are the Terms that applied at the time you placed the order.
- 4.1 We aim to deliver products to you at the place of delivery ("Delivery") requested by you within the time indicated by us at the time of your Order, but we can’t absolutely guarantee firm Delivery dates or times. Delivery options are set out here although such information is indicative only.
- 4.2 We will try to let you know if we expect to be unable to meet our estimated Delivery date or time, but, to the extent permitted by law, we will not be liable to you for any losses, liabilities, costs, damages, charges or expenses arising out of late or delayed delivery.
- 4.3 We will aim to leave the Order at the address advised by you at the time of purchase. You must ensure that you are able to take Delivery of the product without undue delay and at any time reasonably specified by us. Our delivery partners may contact you via SMS prior to delivery to provide you with different delivery options, including giving ‘authority to leave’ the item at the address, or have delivery re-routed to a collection point. Alternatively, the courier may leave a card requesting your instructions on either re-delivery or collection from the carrier or a collection point.
- 4.4 By default, you provide authority to leave items at the address specified in your Order. If the delivery driver deems the area unsafe in their discretion, your Order will be redirected to a collection point, redelivered in the next Delivery run (where available) or returned back to our Fulfilment Centre. If Delivery or collection is delayed through your unreasonable refusal to accept Delivery or if you do not (within two weeks of our first attempt to deliver the product to you) accept Delivery or collect the product from the carrier, then we may (without affecting any other right or remedy available to us) do either or both of the following:
(a) charge you for our reasonable storage fees and other costs reasonably incurred by us; or
(b) no longer make the product available for Delivery or collection and notify you that we are cancelling the applicable Contract, in which case we will refund to you any money paid to us in accordance with our returns policy, less our reasonable administration charges (including for attempting to deliver and then returning the product, and any storage fees and other costs provided for above).
- 4.5 Please note that it might not be possible for us to deliver to some locations, nor are we able to offer equivalent delivery options to locations that we do service. If we are unable to deliver to your location, we will inform you on the relevant product page, or alternatively use the contact details that you provide to us when you make your Order and arrange for cancellation of the Order or delivery to an alternative delivery address.
- 4.6 Unless otherwise specified by you, all risk in the product shall pass to you upon delivery. If delivery is delayed, risk shall pass at the date when delivery would have occurred. From the time when risk passes to you, we will not be liable for loss or destruction of the product.
- 4.7 You must take care when opening the product so as not to damage it, particularly when using any sharp instruments.
- 5.1 We may terminate a Contract if the product is not available for any reason. We will notify you if this is the case and return any payment that you have made. We will refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for the product. If the refund transaction fails we will advise you of this and make arrangements to process the refund via a different method.
- 5.2 If you wish to cancel your Order, please contact our Customer Service Team. Once an Order has been processed it cannot be cancelled and the item must instead be returned to us in accordance with the returns policy.
6. NEW ZEALAND GST, CUSTOMS CHARGES, DUTIES AND FEES
- As we are based in Australia and you are buying from an Australian company, we therefore charge you for your Order in Australian dollars. The actual price charged to New Zealand customers will be subject to: (i) New Zealand GST; and (ii) the exchange rate applied by the payment provider you have used. You can find out more information at https://www.classic.ird.govt.nz/campaigns/2018/gst-policy-update-nz-consumers.html. New Zealand GST is subject to change in accordance with changes to NZ law. Please note Orders shipped to NZ valued at more than NZ$1000 may incur duties, customs charges and fees (including GST on duty / freight) charged by the NZ Customs Service once the Order reaches its destination port. These amounts must be paid by you directly to the NZ Customs Service or its authorised service provider. Separate Orders placed on the same day may still be subject to the duties, customs charges and fees, as if they were the one order. You can calculate these expected duties, customs charges and fees using NZ Custom Service duty estimator. Note that the GST on the goods has already been collected at checkout. We are not responsible for and will not reimburse any of these duties, customs charges or fees. You should Contact your local NZ Customs office or you can find out more information at NZ Custom Service GST and Duty FAQs. Thresholds and rates are subject to change in accordance with changes to NZ law. Additionally, your financial services provider or payment provider may charge currency conversion and administration fees on purchases and any refunds we provide. The exchange rate used to determine the quantum of the refund (in NZ dollars) shall be the prevailing rate at the time the refund is made (not the original exchange rate).
7. FAULTY PRODUCT RETURNS
- 7.1 We aim to provide you with products of the highest standard and quality. If you have received a product with a defect, please contact our Customer Service Team as soon as possible so we can guide you through the returns process and help resolve the problem as swiftly as possible. In order to assist the return process, you may be required to send us images of the damage, defect or fault for preliminary assessment. You may be asked to provide further information to support your claim to assist us with our assessment of the goods.
- 7.2 If the product is confirmed to have a defect, we will replace or repair the product or refund the price of the product to your original payment method, as appropriate. If the product is found not to have a defect or deemed out of warranty, we will contact you to determine whether you want us to dispose of the product or return the product to you at your expense.
- 7.3 It does not constitute as a defect if in our reasonable opinion a product has become of unacceptable quality following the sale to you due to fair wear and tear, misuse, failure to use in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions, using it in an abnormal way or failure to take reasonable care.
8. CHANGE OF MIND RETURNS
- 8.1 In addition to your rights in relation to faulty products in clause 7, and subject to the restrictions set out in
- 8.2, you can return any product at your own expense:
(a) as long as the return is initiated via contacting our Customer Service Team and the return is placed in the post within 14 days of receipt of shipment confirmation email (or longer promotional or advertised return period, if applicable);
(b) unworn and unused and in a saleable condition with the original tags still attached;
(c) in the original packaging, which must be in the original condition, including sealed boxes, branded dust bags and shoe boxes (you don’t need the clear plastic packaging, except for products sealed for hygiene reasons - see below); and
(d) it has not been specifically excluded from the change of mind returns policy, such as ‘Final Sale’ items. The exclusion will be noted on the relevant product page on our Site.
(e) All change of mind returns will incur a 15% restocking fee.
Please note that products sealed for hygiene reasons (e.g. jewellery, watches, swimwear, hair accessories, earphones, beauty and grooming products) can only be returned under change of mind returns policy if the seal is intact excluding underwear and earrings (which cannot be returned, unless deemed faulty). Beauty products cannot be returned if they are opened and/ or used (unless faulty).
- 8.3 To ensure these returns are assessed and processed swiftly, you must follow the instructions set out under ‘How do I return an item’.
8.4 Upon receiving and inspection of your return, we will contact you about next steps. Once determined the return is in compliance with clause 8.1, we will either:
(a) refund the price of the product returned to your original payment method;
(b) provide you with a gift card worth 110% of the price of the product returned (for the avoidance of doubt, the gift card amount will be issued for the amount paid for the product at the time of initial sale plus 10% extra, excluding shipping costs); if you have used a gift card to pay for the full price, we will only reinstate the original amount of the gift card. If you have used a gift card to pay for part of the price, we will reinstate the original amount of gift card you have used and offer you with additional gift card that is worth 110% of the non-gift card payments you have made for the product returned); or
(c) exchange the product for another size, subject to availability.
- 8.5 We will not refund any Delivery Fees that you have paid at purchase to have the product shipped to you, or the cost of any packaging you provide to send the items back to us. If the return, in our reasonable opinion, is not in compliance with clause 8.1, we will contact you to ship the product back to you at your expense.
- 8.6 We offer a flexible change of mind returns policy to streamline your shopping experience. We monitor return rate frequency and value for fraud, abuse and general security purposes. In the event of elevated return frequency and values, we are entitled to close or block access to your Account or deny you from making future orders.
- 8.7 Nothing in this clause is intended to exclude any rights in clause 7 or any of your statutory rights as a consumer under Australian Consumer Law.
9. VOUCHERS & GIFT CARDS
- 9.1 You may use vouchers/promo codes or gift cards as payment for certain products on the Site. Vouchers are available electronically or via selected retailers. Promo codes are available onsite or through marketing partners. Only one voucher or promo code can be used per Order, but multiple gift cards can be used per Order. We may email vouchers and electronic gift cards to you or to your selected recipient. We accept no Liability for errors in the email address provided to us. You are responsible for the use and safety of your vouchers and gift cards - you should treat them like cash. We assume no Liability for the loss, theft or illegibility of vouchers or gift cards, including if gift cards are used without permission, if your email is hacked or subject to unauthorised use. We monitor the issuance and redemption of vouchers or gift cards. In the event of fraud, misuse, an attempt at deception (including self-referral) or in the event of the suspicion of other illegal activities in connection with the issuance or redemption of vouchers or gift cards, we may close or block access to your Account and/or require a different means of payment. We may block gift cards if notified by law enforcement that gift cards have been fraudulently obtained.
- 9.2 Conditions for the redemption of vouchers/promo codes include:
(a) From time to time we may release vouchers/promo codes that may be used on the Site. Vouchers/promo codes are valid only for the specified period stated on them and can only be redeemed in accordance with any special Terms stated on them - such as a minimum spend requirements, validity periods and brand, product or sale exclusions. Only one voucher/promo code can be used per Order, and some vouchers/promo codes may only be used once per voucher/promo code. Vouchers/promo codes cannot be used in addition to another voucher/promotion code.
(b) Certain products may be excluded from voucher/promo code promotions, and unless specifically stated are not applicable to shipping costs.
(c) Vouchers/promo codes cannot be redeemed for cash or to buy gift cards. If you place an Order for a product less than the value of a voucher/promo code, no refund or residual credit will be returned to you. If the credit of a voucher/promo code is insufficient for the Order you wish to make, you may make up the difference through payment by other means (but not by using another voucher or attempting to rely on any other offer).
(d) We will apply vouchers/promo codes on a pro-rata basis to voucher-eligible items in order to determine the final price you pay for those items. Where you return an item purchased with a Voucher/promo codes, we will only refund the final price you paid for that item.
(e) We actively monitor misuse of vouchers/promo codes and reserve the right to deactivate vouchers/promo codes or block any person that is not using a voucher in accordance with its Terms.
- 9.3 Conditions for the redemption of gift cards include:
(a) You may purchase gift cards for use on the Site by you or other customers. Gift Cards can be redeemed at the checkout. Once redeemed, gift cards cannot be transferred. Gift cards can only be redeemed on the Site in accordance with the special terms stated on them.
(b) Gift card purchases may be subject to security checks from time to time, resulting in a longer than usual processing times. These checks may regretfully affect delivery timeframes, but are necessary in order to ensure the security of our gift card program.
(c) Gift cards are valid for 12 months from purchase date. Any unredeemed balance that remains on the Gift Card after the 12 months will be voided and will not be available for use.
(d) The credit of a gift card does not accrue interest nor can it be redeemed or refunded for cash at any time. Gift cards cannot be used to buy further gift cards.
(e) If you place an Order less than the value of the gift card, the residual credit will be stored using the same gift voucher code and can be used for future purchases, but the residual credit cannot be redeemed for cash. If the credit of a gift card is insufficient for the Order you wish to make, you may make up the difference through payment by other means. You may use as many gift cards as you wish in paying for an Order, and gift cards may be used in conjunction with one promo code per Order.
- 9.4 If you cancel or return items purchased using a gift card:
(a) the refund value of an item is the final price you paid for that item; and
(b) you are only entitled to receive ‘cash’ refunds for the portion of the total Order price you paid for using ‘cash’, and gift cards only for the portion paid for using gift cards. For example, where total Order price is paid:
(i) entirely by gift cards - refunds are offered as gift cards;
(ii) entirely by ‘cash’ - refunds offered as 110% gift card or ‘cash’ (at your election); or
(iii) 20% gift cards and 80% ‘cash’ - refunds offered as gift cards for a minimum of 20% of the refund value, with the remaining 80% of the refund value offered as 110% gift card or ‘cash’ (at your election).
- 9.5 If you cancel or return only certain items purchased in bundle deals or multi-buy promotions, any items you don’t return will be charged at full price, and the refund amount will be reduced accordingly.
10 SPECIFIC PROMOTIONS
- 10.1 From time to time we may run promotions on our Site which are subject to both these Terms and any additional promotion-specific terms which are incorporated into these Terms by reference. Promotion-specific terms may include conditions in respect of selected styles, brands, colours, collections, purchase periods, purchase methods, minimum spend requirements, bundle discounts, partner promotions, games of chance or games of skill. These promotion-specific terms will be presented below.
- 10.2 You should ensure that you read the specific conditions that apply to each promotion. By proceeding to purchase you agree and accept the terms of the applicable promotion(s).
- 10.3 We also undertake joint promotions with third party partners from time to time. You should consult the terms of those programs for full details of such specific joint promotions.
11. DISCLAIMER AND LIABILITY
- 11.1 This clause prevails over all other clauses, and, to the extent permitted by law, states our entire Liability, and your sole and exclusive remedies, for:
(a) the performance, non-performance, purported performance or delay in performance of these Terms or a Contract or the Site (or any part of it or them); or
(b) otherwise in relation to these Terms or the entering into or performance of these Terms.
- 11.2 Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits your statutory rights as a consumer or our Liability for:
(b) death or personal injury caused by our Breach of Duty;
(c) any breach of the obligations implied or guaranteed by law; or
(d) any other Liability which cannot be excluded or limited by applicable law.
- 11.3 In performing any obligation under these Terms, our only duty is to exercise reasonable care and skill.
- 11.4 Subject to clause 10.3:
(a) To the extent permitted by law, we do not warrant and we exclude all Liability in respect of the accuracy, completeness, fitness for purpose or legality of any information accessed using the Site.
(b) We exclude all Liability of any kind for the transmission or the reception of or the failure to transmit or to receive any material of whatever nature.
(c) You should not rely on any information accessed using the Site to make a purchasing decision – you should make your own enquiries before forming your own opinion and taking any action based on any such information.
(d) It is your responsibility to ensure that the products are sufficient and suitable for your purposes and meet your individual requirements. We do not warrant that the products will meet your individual requirements. You acknowledge that the products are standard and not made bespoke to fit any particular requirements that you may have.
(e) We do not accept and hereby exclude any Liability for Breach of Duty other than any such Liability arising pursuant to the provisions of these Terms.
(f) Despite any other provision of these Terms to the contrary and to the extent permitted by law, in no event shall we, our affiliates and related entities, our employees, directors or agents, or our suppliers be liable for lost profits or anticipated profits or any punitive, exemplary, special, incidental or consequential loss or damages or the like arising out of or in connection with the Site, the supply of goods or services or these Terms (however arising, including negligence). You agree to accept sole responsibility for the legality of your actions under the laws that apply to you. You agree that we, our affiliates and related entities or our suppliers have no responsibility for the legality of your actions.
You indemnify and hold us and our related entities, affiliates, and our and their respective officers, agents, and employees, harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, proceedings, losses and damages (actual, special and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms or your breach of any law or the rights of a third party.
14. DISPUTE RESOLUTION
In the event of any dispute under these Terms the parties agree to negotiate in good faith to resolve the dispute. Disputes should be lodged with the Customer Service team at first instance.
- 15.1 Entire agreement: These Terms contain all the terms agreed between you and us and supersedes and excludes any prior Terms published on this Site.
- 15.2 Assignment: You may not assign or delegate or otherwise deal with all or any of your rights or obligations under these Terms. We shall have the right to assign or otherwise delegate all or any of our rights or obligations under these Terms to any person.
- 15.3 Force majeure: We shall not be liable for any breach of our obligations under these Terms where we are hindered or prevented from carrying out our obligations by any cause outside our reasonable control, including by lightning, fire, flood, extremely severe weather, strike, lock-out, labour dispute, act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, failure of any telecommunications or computer system, compliance with any law, accident (or by any damage caused by any of such events).
- 15.4 No waiver: No waiver by us of any default of yours under these Terms shall operate or be construed as a waiver by us of any future defaults, whether of a like or different character. No granting of time or other forbearance or indulgence by us to you shall in any way release, discharge or otherwise affect your liability under these Terms.
- 15.5 Notices: Unless otherwise stated within these Terms, notices to be given to either party shall be in writing and shall be delivered by email supplied by you to us, or to us at our registered office.
- 15.6 Third party rights: All provisions of these Terms apply equally to and are for the benefit of City of Dubbo Turf Club, its subsidiaries, any holding companies of City of Dubbo Turf Club, its (or their) affiliates and its (or their) third party content providers and licensors and each shall have the right to assert and enforce such provisions directly or on its own behalf (save that these Terms may be varied or rescinded without the consent of those parties).
- 15.7 Survival: The provisions of clauses that either are expressed to survive its expiry or termination or from their nature or context it is contemplated that they are to survive such.
- 15.8 Severability: If any provision of these Terms is held to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, that provision shall be deemed severed and where capable the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms shall not be affected.
- 15.9 Governing law: These Terms (and all non-contractual relationships between you and us) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of New South Wales and both parties hereby submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales.
16. DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
- 16.1 Definitions
In this document, terms are defined either (i) in the body of this document above, or (ii) defined as set out below, unless the contrary intention appears:
- Australian Consumer Law means Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or equivalent State or Territory laws;
- Breach of Duty means the breach of any:
(a) obligation arising from the express or implied terms of a contract to take reasonable care or exercise reasonable skill in the performance of the contract; or
(b) common law duty to take reasonable care or exercise reasonable skill (but not any stricter duty);
- Liability means liability in or for breach of contract, Breach of Duty, misrepresentation, restitution or any other cause of action whatsoever relating to or arising under or in connection with these Terms, including, without limitation, liability expressly provided for under these Terms or arising by reason of the invalidity or unenforceability of any term of these Terms (and for the purposes of this definition, all references to these Terms shall be deemed to include any collateral contract); and
- "City of Dubbo Turf Club", "we", "our", "us" means City of Dubbo Turf Club Ltd (ABN 72 280 359 201) and its representatives, subsidiaries, affiliates, related parties, officers, directors, employees, agents, partners, and independent contractors.
- 16.2 Interpretation
(a) Headings are for ease of reference only and shall not affect the interpretation or construction of these Terms.
(b) Words imparting the singular shall include the plural and vice versa. Words imparting a gender shall include every gender and references to persons shall include an individual, company, corporation, firm or partnership.
(c) Words denoting persons includes natural persons, partnerships, limited liability partnerships, bodies corporate and unincorporated associations of persons.
(d) References to includes or including or like words or expressions shall mean without limitation.