Trainers updates and guidelines
GUIDELINES FOR TRACKWORK
1. All persons participating in the use of The Club’s training facilities must hold an appropriate current license with Racing NSW and adhere to the Australian Rules of Racing as well as must have the written permission of the City of Dubbo Turf Club.
2. Track work will commence after the tracks have been inspected and determined safe for track work. Standard track hours will be open Monday to Saturday from 5.00am until 9.00am or other times as determined by the club. On a Dubbo race days the tracks will close at 8.00am to prepare for the race day. The OK to commence track work shall be indicated by the Grounds man opening the entry gate and switching the stable lighting on.
3. The Gap attendant employed by the club will the responsibility to ensure a safe environment for all participants and have the authority to direct riders on their use of the facility during track work and their direction must be obeyed.
4. The Gap attendant will from time to time and as directed by the club obtain information from track riders including but not limited to the trainer of their mount.
5. ENTRY and EXIT signs on the tracks must be obeyed.
6. Track riders must wear fluorescent vests and a flashing light on their helmet prior to sunrise.
7. Trainers must ensure that horses being led or ridden on a public roadway or thoroughfare prior to sunrise have a rug or other gear with reflective strips and that’s its rider or attendant wears a reflective vest.
8. Trainers must ensure that prior to entering onto the grounds, all persons riding horses must wear an approved skull cap, vest and riding boots. Skull cap and vests must be properly fastened at all times. It is preferred that all person handling horses also wear skull caps and vests.
9. Any horse being ridden within the training centre must be fully saddled and bridled.
10. Smoking and/or the use of a mobile phone while mounted on a horse is prohibited.
11. Horses doing slow work must use the new sand track. For the purpose of this matter slow work is considered up to a strong canter.
12. Work less than a strong canter is only permitted on the Stabilizer gold track if pace work is to be carried out on that lap. If not your initial slow work is to be done on the slow track and then move to the Stabilizer Gold track. However, if work leading up to pass work is on the Stabilizer Gold Track horses must be at a strong canter between the 600m and the 800m markers, no trotting or slow canter work will be permitted from the 600m mark. Trainers and Riders are reminded that this is in the interest of safety and designed to remove slow working horses from the fast work areas.
13. Slower horses on the Stabilizer Gold track must keep to the outside of the track and give way to horses working faster. Horses working fast must keep to the inside of the training track.
14. The maximum number of horses which may work abreast at any one time on the respective tracks is as follows: -
Grass – 3, Stabilizer Gold – 2, Sand – 3.
15. The Club aims to have the grass track open from 5.00am until 9.00am on Tuesdays and any other days as the management or seasonal conditions allow. Special gallops outside of these times maybe allowed to occur after a request and with the permission of the Club. Horses must work on the designated areas as defined by outside the markers.
16. Should rain occur overnight or during the morning then the grass track and barriers shall be inspected and closed if considered necessary.
17. The grass track is to be used for fast work only and in a clockwise direction. Horses working on the grass track must keep to the area marked especially for fast work. Stock saddles are permitted to be used on the grass track as long as the horse is doing fast work (fast work being either three quarter pace or gallop only). Any other use of the grass track will be at the direction of the club.
18. Special individual permission must be obtained from the General Manager prior to any horse being worked anti-clockwise on any of the central tracks.
19. Breakers are not to be worked or educated on the Stabilizer Gold or Grass tracks any morning.
20. The practice barriers on the grass track will be available on the days the grass track is open after 7.00 am and provided it has not been raining, seasonal conditions are not suitable or track maintenance is required, the practice barriers on the back track are available all days.
21. Horses may only be lead from another horse on the back track, no horse is to be lead at any time from another horse on any of the central tracks.
22. Horses being worked from a vehicle or in joggers may only do so after 8.00am on the back track.
23. Whilst in the confines of the horse stall area, all horses must be walked. Trotting is not permitted.
24. Horse returning to the stables situated at the western end of the grounds and outside of the Turf Club must do so via the lane ways and not across the car park and or driveway.
25. Horses being ridden are not to enter the track through the Centre of the tie up stables but are to either, enter through the Western lane way or through the gates at the eastern side of the day stalls.
26. Stable returns are to reflect the number of horses in your stables, in work or being broken in on the first day of the month.
27. Returns are to be completed by the end of the first full week of the month, this includes horse numbers and names of horses. These can be submitted electronically or in hard copy. Invoices can be generated if required by the end of the second full week and payments are to be made by the final day of the month.
28. Trainers are to immediately report to the Club any accident or incident that occurs on the Club grounds as per the WH&S Safety Memorandum for Racehorse Trainers in NSW.
29. Trainers and track riders have a legal obligation to report immediately any hazard or concern they may have, so the Club can carry out a risk assessment and implement appropriate controls should they be required.
30. The availability of The Club’s facilities to licensed trainers for training racehorses are at all times at the discretion of the Board or General Manager.
31. The Board of Management advises Trainers that ‘permission to train’ at Dubbo may be withdrawn from any trainer allowing his/her track fee payments to lapse and remain outside the allowed terms of the club. This decision is made in fairness to all trainers and for the financial welfare of Dubbo Turf Club.
32. Any person committing any breach of or failing to comply with any of the provision of these regulations shall be liable to have their permission to train at the facility, their license revoked and/or may be punished at the discretion of the Board, Stewards or General Manager.